- (hockey player) an athlete who plays hockey
- of or relating to Jews or their culture or religion; “He is Jewish”; “a Jewish wedding”
- (jew) a person belonging to the worldwide group claiming descent from Jacob (or converted to it) and connected by cultural or religious ties
- The Jews (יְהוּדִים “Yehudim” IPA), also known as the Jewish people, are a nation and ethnoreligious group originating in the Israelites or Hebrews of the Ancient Near East.
- Relating to, associated with, or denoting Jews or Judaism
Jordan Harold Kocian, age 20
Jordan Kocian began his hockey career with the Berkeley Bears. As a Midget, he played as a Junior Shark. He passed away in 1996 at the age of 21 from Wolf Parkinson White Syndrome, which causes an abnormal electrical conduction in the heart muscles. Those who knew Kocian have said that he touched their lives in a wonderful way.
Previously, the award was presented at the Jordan Kocian Tournament, which was held annually in Berkeley over New Years where the award was presented in the past by Jordan’s parents, Lois and Craig Kocian. This annual non-competitive event embodies the spirit Jordan Kocian had for giving back to the community. As a young adult he stayed active in guiding and coaching younger players. In recent years, the award has been presented at the annual NORCAL Playoffs held in March, during a Midget 18A game."
Jewish Wedding Rings scan0629